Branded cod with green sauce
The "seafood" They are one of the most appreciated raw materials both when cooking and when eating. The fish and seafood they can be prepared with different techniques, and it is not necessary to complicate life much to bring them to the table extolling their flavor in a great dish. In addition, they can be a main dishbut also a appetizer, top, couch or spike.
The cod It is a fish especially versatile, as well as being able to prepare in a simple way like other fish baked, grilled or steamed, the jello that releases when heated multiplies the possibilities when cooking it, because emulsifies perfectly with the oil. This circumstance has resulted in creating authentic gastronomic wonders As the cod pil pil or is it delicious branded cod with green sauce.
This recipe is one of those easy, tasty and fresh snacks that we always look for in hot weather, and with some toast is ... scandal! There are different variants to prepare this traditional recipe, and ours is one of the creamiest and lightest you can prepare.
If you like cod, you can make other recipes with it, for example these Baked cod fillets with peppers, or one cod salad with roasted red peppers. Undoubtedly, peppers are great for cod, so you can use this brandade to fill piquillo peppers 😉
You can also use the green sauce to accompany other recipes, such as grilled emperor, the hake with clams, or an amazing appetizer based on fish roe.
Ingredients to prepare cod brandade with green sauce (tapas for 4 people):
- 200 gr of cod. Choose the type of cod that suits you best:
- If you want to save, choose salted cod, which can be crumbled or in sticks. This requires extra effort because you have to desalt it, although if it is very crumbled it will not take long.
- If you want to prepare it quickly and with little effort, choose desalted cod, which is less economical than salted, but only by removing the skin and possible spines, you have it ready to use.
- 1 medium potato
- 1 clove garlic.
- 100 ml of milk (can be whole or skimmed, whichever you prefer).
- Olive oil.
- For the green sauce:
- Fresh parsley.
- Lemon juice.
- Olive oil and salt
Preparation, how to make cod brandade with green sauce:
- If the cod is salted, you must desalinate it. To do this, check with your fingers if it has spines and remove them, and also with possible skins. Cut it into very small taquitos and put them in a bowl. Fill it with water and let it rest for 10 minutes. Change the water again after 10 minutes, and after that time put it in a drainer under the cold water jet, remove it for a couple of minutes with your hands so that you finish releasing the salt, and voila.
- If the cod was already desalted, simply remove the possible spines and skins, and cut it into very small tacos.
- Bake one potato, which can be in a saucepan with water for about 20 minutes with boiling water, or in the microwave oven. To do this, peel the potato and cut it into small tacos. Put it in a microwave-safe container with its lid on top (but not close completely) and heat it for about 4 minutes. Check with a fork that can be crushed as if it were for mash, and if not, let it cook for a few more minutes. When ready, mash it with a fork.
- Peel the garlic clove and cut it into 3 parts, and put it in a medium pot. It incorporates the cod, and check olive oil until the bottom of the pot is covered.
- Put the pot on the fire tomedium-low temperature, enough for the cod to confit slowly but not to bubble. Let the cod be done for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Remove the cod from the heat, remove the pieces of Garlic and add the potato shredded. It incorporates a bit of milk and with one mixer Crush the entire contents of the pot. Keep adding the milk until you pour it whole, or you can even add more milk until you find the texture you like best.
How to make cod brandade with green sauce
- Try the brandade and rectify it with salt if necessary (although the cod already provides enough) and let it rest in the fridge until you go to eat it.
- Make the green sauce cutting very thin the parsley and mixing it in a small bowl with a few tablespoons of olive oil, a bit of Salt Y lemon juice to taste. Try it to adjust the quantities to your liking.
Branded cod with green sauce
Time: 25 minutes (with cod already desalted)
Serve and taste:
Put it green sauce in a sauce boat, toast some thin slices of bread, and serve them at the center of the table. Remove the cod fillet from the fridge and serve it in a bowl or deep bowl. So each diner can make their own tapas.
Branded cod with green sauce and toast
You can also prepare it beautifully in the kitchen and serve it in a more special way, for example by placing the brandade directly on toast and washed down with a little green sauce, or in elegant and original teaspoons. Don't tell us no is of ... scandal!
Breaded cod with green sauce in teaspoons
Variations of the cod brandade recipe with green sauce:
As we said at the beginning of the recipe, there are many variations according to geographical area in which the branded is prepared, which can even take the name of "atascaburras"The main modification is add or not potato, although I quite like the texture it gives. You can too change milk for cream, giving it a plus of creaminess (but also fat).
To serve the brandade, not only with toast is delicious, you can also use it to fill piquillo peppers, or to be part ofelaborate canapés in vasitor with different mixtures and textures.
If you want save money, use desalted cod, and even crumbled or frozen, but remember that you must invest extra time to desalinate it, and locating the spines is a bit more complicated. With desalted cod loins, what you save is a lot of time, and you can have this recipe ready in record time.
Keep the branded in the fridge, is preserved perfectly for 2-3 days. If you like cool, take it out just at the time of serving it, but if you prefer it more temperate, you can go ahead and take it out about 3 minutes before consuming it.