Summer Rice Salad
- 0 minutes
- For people
- € 0 / person
- 255kcal per 100g.
- Rice recipes
- Recipes by type
Ingredients for Summer Rice Salad
- 300 g of SOS rice special salads
- 2 tbsp boneless black olives
- 2 tsp of capers
- 2 boiled eggs
- 150 g of canned tuna (in olive oil better)
- 4 slices of canned pineapple
- 16 cherry tomatoes
- 12 cooked prawns
- For the dressing: 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp Dijon mustard soup
- 50 g of varied nuts: Hazelnuts, walnuts and chopped almonds.
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper (to taste)
How to make a summer rice salad. No doubt the salad recipes they succeed in summer, with the heat what you want is to eat fresh and fast things like this rice salad.
The idea of associating only salads with a plate of lettuce, tomato and onion is totally false. As an example that we can prepare a rice salad totally summery with many other ingredients. An option that I bring today, a rice salad with tuna, pineapple and prawns.
Salads are one of the most versatile dishes when it comes to quickly solving everyday food. Whether to take to work, to enjoy at home or to spend a full day at the beach, a salad is one of the best options to enjoy a complete, healthy and fresh meal.
To fully enjoy this recipe, the ideal is not to dress the rice salad until the moment it will be served. In the case that I would take you to work or picnic, we simply have to take the dressing in a separate jar and dress it up whenever we want.
Another benefit of deciding on the salads It admits countless ingredients. Therefore, if someone is not to your liking, or you simply do not have it in the pantry, we can replace it with the one that we most want.
In this case the star ingredient is the rice, in this case we have employed SOS rice special for salads. We are going to give it a touch of color and different textures, mixing long, slightly crunchy wild rice and integral red rice.
Preparation of rice and companions
- We start cooking the eggs for 7 minutes. We cool them in cold water, peel them and reserve.
- Chop the diced pineapple slices, cooked prawns, halved cherry tomatoes and quarterly olives. When the eggs are warm we cut them into quarters. We reserve
- We cook the rice in 600 ml. of water with a pinch of salt. To do this we put water to boil in a saucepan (1 and 1/2 parts of water for each part of rice). Once it boils we add a good handful of salt and rice.
- Let it cook until the water has evaporated (approximately 20 minutes). It is a little longer than usual because we are cooking wild rice, it has to be perfect. You can try to make it to your liking.
- Once the rice is cooked, we pass it under a stream of cold water and drain it. We can do it a couple of times so that the rice is well loose. It must be warm or cold before mixing with the rest of the ingredients. We reserve
Mix and final presentation of the rice salad
- In a salad bowl we add the rice and the ingredients that we have chopped, the olives, the pineapple, the prawns, the eggs and the tomatoes. We also incorporate shredded tuna and capers.
- In a glass jar with lid we prepare the dressing. Add the oil, mustard, salt and ground black pepper. Cover the jar and shake well.
- Water the salad with the dressing, add the nuts to taste and integrate all the ingredients well so that they are impregnated with the dressing.
A great option to take care of yourself, it is a healthy, light and super tasty dish, perfect for enjoying a good meal anywhere, anytime.
Is summer rice salad It is a great recommendation but not the only one, in the blog you will find a lot of options to eat scrub salads throughout the year.
Tips for a scrub rice salad
- When you squeeze the heat, you want fresh dishes, adding rice and some protein (such as tuna and prawns) you have a unique, complete and ideal dish to combat high temperatures.
- In addition this salad is a very complete dish as well as a pasta salad, since it carries rice hydrates, egg proteins and prawns, as well as vitamins from vegetables and vegetables, so it can be served as a single dish.
- Tune this salad, add different vinaigrettes, make them with mustard as on this occasion, with honey, use Modena vinegar or other vinegars of your liking. Change the vinegar for lemon or lime or bring that crunch with onion, nuts or toasted oatmeal, even sesame. Adapt the recipe to your tastes and enjoy a healthy and nutritious dish.